Nepal Astronomical Society has announce 3rd National Astronomy Olympiad 2016- Nepal! The selection around will be held on Saturday, March 26, 2016 at Baratnagar, Birgunj, Chitwan, Kathmandu and Pokhara.
The National Astronomy Olympiad Program is an educational program designed by Nepal Astronomical Society (NASO) and ESPRO Foundation to encourage Nepalese students who pursue further studies in Physics, Math, Astronomy and Space Science. This program is a national qualifer for all three International events on astronomy astrophysics for pre-university nepalese students: International Astronomy Olympiad (IAO), Asian Pacific Astronomy Olympiad (APAO) and International Olympiad in Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) that will be held during August-December every year.
Eligibility for Application:
Student who meets the below criteria is eligible the National Astronomy Olympiad 2016- Nepal
- Must be Nepali Citizen
- Must be born on or after January 1, 1997
- Must not enroll at University level programs like B.Sc.
- Interested and eligible students can collect the application form at one of the following places paying NRs 100/-.
Kathmandu Valley – Nepal Astronomical Society (01-4110344)Biratnagar- Mr. Gopal Niraula (9842369861)Birgunj- Mr. Milan Rai (9845409422)Chitwan- Mr. HC Regan Babu Bhatta (9855062676)Pokhara- Mr. Anand Gurung (9803189651)
- Deposit the application fee: NRs 1,000/- at Megha Bank Nepal Ltd. (Click here to find a branch near your place). Bank Account details will be provided with the application form.
- Visit our office our representative mentioned above and submit the application ( Complete application form, copy of SLC certificate or equivalent, Copy of Character Certificate and bank deposit voucher- while making deposit please make sure your write your complete name as same as in your certificates)
- Attend the selection exam at nearest exam centers (Details on exam centers will be available at our website:www.nepalastronomicalsociety.
org and our facebook page: www.fb.com/ NepalAstronomicalSociety)
National Delegation of maximum of five students and two team leaders will be facilitated to participate for upcoming 12th Asian Pacific Astronomy Olympiad (12th APAO) during September-December (host country not decided yet), 21st International Astronomy Olympia (21st IAO) during September-October (Bulgaria) and 10th International Olympiad in Astronomy and Astrophysics (10th IOAA) during December 2016 (India). For more details, please contact us during our office hours.
You can download the NAO2016 Handbook for more information about the program, sample question paper, syllabus, etc.
What to know what do our previous winners say about the competiton? Here you go:
What to know our winners from NAO2014? Here you go:
Note: NAO2016 is open for both class 11 and 12 students! Mr. Bibek Kumar Pandit (St. Xavier's College, Maitighar), one of the winner of NAO2014 and Ms. Shilpa Bhandari (Pentagon International College) one of the winner of NAo2015 was class 11 students during the competition year!!! So, feel free to apply! You may be in the list of winners this years!