We are pleased to announce the result of Second National Astronomy Olympiad 2015 (NAO-2015) which was held during January 1-June 20, 2015 in Nepal. The program was conducted in two round and top five students have been decided as winners of this year’s competition based on their overall performance during the competition.
We would like to congratulate below mentioned students for their best performance during the competition and announced them as NAO2015 Winners:
- Aashish Poudel - Valmiki Shiksha Sadan Higher Secondary School, Chitwan
- Bibek Kumar Pandit - St.Xavier's College-Maitighar, Kathmandu
- Rajit Chaulagain - Saipal Academy, Kathmandu
- Sandesh Chapagain - Chelsea International Academy, Kathmandu
- Shilpa Bhandari - Pentagon International College, Kathmandu
Winners will be participating in the upcoming 9th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) which will be held in Indonesia during July 26-August 4, 2015.
Here is how selected students expressed after winning this year's competition:
Winners are requested to contact our office for further information regarding the pre-departure training and participation in IOAA.
If any student fails to confirm their participation in IOAA, he or she will be replaced by the student from the waiting list in order to make complete national delegation of Nepal. The final list of students participating in the IOAA will be published prior to the departure.
Congratulations to all of you! Looking forward to our best performance in 9th IOAA!