Thursday, October 11, 2018

NASO 2nd National Space Art Competition 2018 Public Choice Award Announced!

We are pleased to announce Ms. Shruti Gurung, Class 8, Adhyayan School, Kathmandu as the winner of the Public Choice Award of the NASO 2nd National Space Art Competition 2018!

Her artwork 'Human Beyond Humanity' scored the highest points to become the winner this year. As a part of the award, she will receive a gift hamper and a certificate during a special ceremony in Kathmandu.
Photo: An artwork tilted 'Human Beyond Humanity' by Ms. Shruti Gurung of Adhyayan School, Kathmandu

As a part of her explanation for this art, she writes, "Space arts, also known as astronomical art is the term for the genre of modern age artistic expression which shows the different wonders of the universe. There have been the Visual Arts exploring space in their imagination for many decades. I also got an opportunity to express my thoughts and imagination through 'Space Art Competition'. When I was a child, I used to think that space is a very big place where we could do anything. I used to imagine about the space and think that there are many planets and stars. Also, I used to think that aliens were living in those planets. I wished to go to space, explore many planets and stars and make aliens friends. So, in my art, to freshen up my imaginations, I made this space art. In my art, there are many planets, stars and humans becoming friends with aliens. Space is bright, there are rockets and there are mountains which reminds me of my country, Nepal. My art is all based on most of the children’s imagination and hope everyone will get some sort of information."

The voting was open during October 4-10, 2018 on our facebook page and twenty shortlisted artworks of the NASO 2nd National Space Art Competition 2018 were available for voting.

For more information about our world space week activities in Nepal, please visit: www.nepalastronomicalsociety.org/spaceweek

No comments:

Post a Comment