The wait is finally over!
We are pleased to announce the winners of our 3rd National Astronomy Olympiad 2016 that was held during June 7-August 31, 2016 in Nepal.
The top five students for NAO2016 are:
- Bijay Luitel, Chelsea International Academy, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Divas Subedi, Chelsea International Academy, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Nawaj K.C., Trinity International College, Dillibazaar, Kathmandu
- Robin Thapa, St. Xavier's College, Maitighar, Kathmandu
- Tarun Timilsina, Gandaki Boarding School, Pokhara, Kaski
Selected students will be awarded with certificate and medals during a ceremony to be organized in Kathmandu.
This year, we will form two teams from 19 successful students ( see the list above) to participate in 12th Asian-Pacific Astronomy Olympiad to be held in Korea during November 17-25, 2016 and 10th International Olympiad in Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) to be held in India during December 9-19, 2016 respectively.
The selected two team members will undergo another training before their participation in the upcoming competitions: APAO (Regional) and IOAA (International).
We'll soon open the call for application for our '4th National Astronomy Olympiad 2017'!